Florida Licensure for Out-of-State NASCLA General/Builder/Residential Contractors
The Certification by Endorsement Examination Equivalency Course is NOW available to all out of state General, Builder or Residential Contractors who have passed the NASCLA General, Builder or Residential contractor exams. This six (6) hour course consists of a review of the Florida Code Codes.
Course Cost: $699! Includes mandatory proctored exam and one retake opportunity, administered on the same day as the class!
Time: Class starts at 7:30 a.m. and goes until finished!
* Successful completion of this mandatory course and proctored exam exempts the contractor from taking the TRADE portion of the General, Builder or Residential Florida State Exam.
* This course does not exempt the contractor from the necessity of taking and passing the Business and Finance portion of the Florida State Exam.
* Live classroom course, taught in both Jacksonville and Orlando, Florida on published dates.
* The student must present proof of NASCLA certification; a photo ID and one other form of identification on the day of the class.
* Mandatory 100 question proctored open book paper exam administered at no additional charge immediately following the course . The student will have up to three hours to complete the exam. One free retake opportunity afforded the student on the same day as the class. A passing score of 70 % or greater is required.
* AAA Construction School, Inc. sells EVERYTHING the student needs to successfully complete the course! This includes:
Five 2017 FLORDA Code Books (Building; Residential; Existing; Accessibility; and Energy)
Permanent tabs (x3) and Highlighters
CD’s prepared specifically for the course!
Buy the necessary Code Books, supplies, and CD’s AT THE SAME TIME and receive TEN PERCENT off the cost of the required Code Books!
61G4-15.004 Certification by Endorsement: Examination Equivalency.
An applicant for certification by endorsement as a certified general contractor, certified building contractor, or certified residential contractor is considered to meet the requirement of having taken an examination of substantial equivalency, pursuant to section 489.115(3)(a), Florida Statutes, by completing the items below:
(1) Provide evidence of successfully passing the 2009-2018 or like version of The Commercial General Building Contractors examination of the National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies; and
(2) Take and successfully pass or provide evidence of having passed The Business and Finance examination pursuant to subsection 61G4-16.001(22), F.A.C; and
(3) Provide verification of having taken and passed any proctored examination covering the Florida Building Code administered by or through the Department.
Rulemaking Authority 489.108, 489.115(3) FS. Law Implemented 489.115(3) FS. History–New 1-10-80, Formerly 21E-15.04, 21E-15.004, Amended 7-18-94, 11-13-97, 3-10-19.
Educational Training Center
7071 University Blvd
Winter Park, Florida 32792
7:30am – 4:30pm